The Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators is pleased to present her Featured speaker, Sameer Shah, Director, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) India Branch
• Director-Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London) – CIArb-India Branch
• Chairman-International Dispute Resolution & Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI Hong Kong)-India Branch
• Associate Member – Brooke Chambers, London
• Head – India – Shanghai Chu Tun Consulting Co. Ltd.– Shanghai, China
• Director – Hong Kong Zhiqing Trading Co. Ltd, Hong Kong
• Mediator – Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center, Hong Kong
– The Mediation Center, Dubai
• Panel Arbitrator – Court of Arbitration for Art (CAfA), Netherland
• Senior Partner – Trust Legal, New Delhi
Panel Mediator :
• Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center, Hong Kong
• International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute, Hong Kong
• The Mediation Center, Dubai
I am regularly been invited to attend including as Speaker various National and International Conferences on Arbitration and Mediation.
-I have been engaged as a Counsel for many the clients to represent them in Arbitration Proceedings, which includes advising, preparing the pleadings/case papers as also conducting arguments. Also appearing for clients in Challenge proceedings that may be filed by the aggrieved party against the Award that is passed in the Arbitration.
-Retained as Counsel by corporate clients to conduct the Arbitration Proceedings for recovery of loan/mortgage amount lend by the client to various customers for purchase of car/vehicle and/or as a personal loan. The scope of retainer includes Appearing and conducting proceedings for obtaining interim order from the Court for appointment of Receiver, issuing notices for invocation of arbitration agreement, appointment of arbitrator, filing statement of claim with the arbitrator and as such conducting and representing the case for the client till the passage of award being passed and thereafter also to get the said Award executed/enforced by the appropriate Court.
-Also practicing in other forms of ADR mainly in family/matrimonial/maritime/construction and other disputes.
-Appointed as a co-arbitrator in the panel in a construction dispute arbitration seated at Mumbai.
-Appointed as a Sole Arbitrator by a Petro-Chemical Trading Company in Mumbai for disputes relating to its customers for recovery of outstanding amounts. One of the Award passed by me has been confirmed by The Hon’ble Mumbai High Court.
-Regularly retained by clients to appear before the Arbitral Tribunal of the Stock Exchanges in India.
-Retained by an Indian Investor to represent the case before the Arbitral Tribunal at DUBAI in an Arbitration Case being conducted under the Rules of Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC).
-Retained by a technology innovation company based out of Pune to represent it as a Counsel in an technology related Arbitration against a Government entity.
-Retained by an Australian company to represent it in an International Arbitration against a company from Taiwan.
-Retained by the Indian subsidiary of an English Project Management Company to represent it in Arbitration disputes with a State of Gujarat Government entity in a Maritime construction dispute.
-Made a presentation on behalf of CIArb India branch on training of Arbitrators before the Commission formed by the Government of India under the Chairmanship of Mr. Justice B.N.Srikrishna (Retd.) to suggest reforms in the Arbitration practice and law in India.
-Invited and Empanelled by Mainland – Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center at Hong Kong as International Accredited Professional Mediator.
-Actively promoting Mediation for ADR in India, Hong Kong and Nepal. Conducting trainings and workshops for Mediation development and also giving coaching to students and other professional on Mediation and Advocacy skills for it. Currently promoting Online Mediation training and proceedings.
-Helping one of the renowned National Law University of India to set up a Mediation Center and also to draft the Mediation rules for it.
-Currently developing an online Mediation Training Module for persons interested to gain knowledge about Mediation and its proceedings.
With a vision of further growth and expansion, particularly in the Corporate and Financial-Legal Sector, enrolled as an active member of INDO-CHINA CULTURAL AND ECONOMIC COUNCIL (ICEC) and also INDO-CANADIAN BUSINESS CENTER (ICBC). Through the said Organizations, the service of the firm are being sought for providing legal advise and guidance including Corporate Structure, Joint Venture Advise, Company Incorporation in India, Legal and financial Due Diligence etc. to the companies based in China and Canada. The firm is currently retained by companies from China and Canada for company incorporation, Legal and Financial Due Diligence, JV and other related work in India.
Regularly advising Indian companies for cross border trade and drafting of various agreements, contracts etc.
I have entered into a:
• Professional Affiliation Agreement with NIRMANS LAW, Barristers & Solicitors based at Ottawa-Canada.
• Professional Agreement with Dr. Yousef Alamry, at Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, a Legal Expert on Islamic Law and an Associate Professor of Law at King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
• Association with qualified and experienced Chartered Accountant, Auditor, Company Secretary and Tax Consultant at Ahmedabad and Mumbai to provide all financial advise and services to the clients under one roof.
• Recently appointed as a Director of Hong Kong Zhiquin Trading Co. Ltd. Based in Hong Kong for facilitating cross border trade and business advise and investment between China, India and other South East Asian countries.
• Recently entered into a strategic Co-operation Agreement with Falcon Management Consultancy Limited, at Hong Kong for adding legal services to the portfolio of services of Financial and Management to cater to the requirements of cross border business between Main Land China, Hong Kong and India.
• Appointed as an Associate Member of Brooke Chambers, Barristers, London to expand the firm’s business in Asia.
• Appointed as Head-India by Shanghai Chu Tun Consulting Co. Ltd. for advising on cross border investment from China to India.
Following are the major areas of practise of the firm:
• Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation
• Civil & Commercial Litigation
• Consumer Disputes
• Contractual and Commercial Disputes
• Corporate Law & Restructuring and other related services
• Documentation and Advisory
• Family & Matrimonial Dispute and Counselling
• Immigration Law & Advise and VISA guidance (for Canada)
• Investment guidance and structuring
• Legal and Financial Due Diligences
• Maritime law and Shipping Consultancy including Dispute Resolution.
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Personal law and guidance
• Real Estate and Property
Our conference this year will be completely virtual, and the Institute has decided to make her conference free for all conference delegates.
The Conference is scheduled as follows:
Date: 1st December, 2020
Time: 08:00am WAT
For registration, visit: www.icmcconference.org